[Python-3000] Py3k_struni additional test failures under cygwin

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jul 30 19:27:35 CEST 2007

On 7/29/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> >> (For whats its worth, Cygwin's python 2.5 (as installed on my system) fails
> >> 2 of the tests in it's version of test_mailbox.py, both with "IOError:
> >> [Errno 13] Permission denied").
>
> I found that in many cases, this is a virus scanner or the indexing
> service interfering. They open the file, and then the test suite cannot
> delete it.

Oh darn. I remember running into that in a completely different
context. What's the solution? Turn off the virus scanner? Wait until
it's done? I guess we could add something to test_support.unlink()
that checks for windows or cygwin, and when it gets this error on
cleanup, waits half a second and tries again, looping for a few
seconds before giving up completely. Currently the unlink() call
ignores all errors, so then the subsequent open() call gets the error.
Unit tests that still call os.unlink() or os.remove() instead of
test_support.unlink() should be updated anyway.