[Python-3000] base64 - bytes and strings

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jul 31 06:29:47 CEST 2007

Ron Adam wrote:
> Not extra, you just need to make sure your binary data is in the correct
> range of values the text device you are sending to can handle.

Does this mean that Py3k text streams will accept byte arrays
in their write() methods, and that byte arrays can be concatenated
with unicode strings and otherwise used in any context expecting
a text string, as long as all their elements are in the ASCII range?

If that's true, then some of my objection is mitigated.

--
Greg