[Python-3000] Py3k_struni additional test failures under cygwin

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 31 21:33:12 CEST 2007

> Regular Windows typically won't let you remove a file when you still
> have it open.

It depends. If FILE_SHARE_DELETE was passed to CreateFile when opening,
you may DeleteFile it while it is still open. Otherwise, you get an
error from DeleteFile.

> Is this also a restriction on CYGWIN?

Cygwin is a wrapper around Win32. So it "can't do" anything that Win32
can't do (like deleting a file that is still open).

> I don't know
> anything about CYGWIN but I could imagine that they allow unlink() to
> succeed when there's still a file descriptor referencing it, and that
> they will delete the file when you close it.

They can't do that, because there is no Win32 mechanism for that.

Regards,
martin