[Python-3000] A new member for contextlib?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Apr 4 22:21:45 CEST 2008

> And you shouldn't call it "property" - that name is already builtin
> (and it doesn't read right, see above). I can't think of a good name
> that *does* read right in the context of "with ... as x", either.

Of course, we non-native speakers are completely ignorant of
"reads right" (even to the extend of spelling that "reads write"),
and are thus unable to propose anything that sounds "natural".

To us, it's all foreign, and identifiers just mean something with
respect to the programming language, but not in real life. So

  with property as x:

is not any better or worse than

  for attribute named bar:

except that we can see how the latter can't work in the Python
syntax as-is.

Regards,
Martin