[Python-3000] end scope of iteration variables after loop

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Apr 17 17:00:35 CEST 2008

The substance of this discussion has already be answered by Amaury.

I'd also like to remind everyone that at this point we're trying to
get 3.0 (*and* 2.6!)  stable enough to release by September 3rd.
That's about 4.5 months away only! We should not be considering major
language changes at this point. If you have an idea for a
ground-breaking changes, write to python-ideas and we'll consider it
for 3.1 or 4.0.

--Guido