[Python-3000] range() issues

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 05:48:43 CEST 2008

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>>  "Set" is definitely misleading -- it has no ordering.
>
> True. I was trying to convey the unrepeated part of the set
> definition. Is "an ordered set of integers" better?

What's wrong with 'sequence'? You can index it, find out it's length,
etc - sounds like a sequence to me. The only difference between it and
the list returned in the 2.x series is that it should be far more memory
efficient because it will just store the start/stop/step values instead
of every value in the sequence.

Cheers,
Nick.