[Python-3000] PEP 3108 - stdlib reorg/cleanup

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Apr 30 16:15:13 CEST 2008

> I have an application using the QuickTime portion of the Carbon package
> very successfully in recent code (with a primarily Tiger-based user
> base), where the higher level Cocoa/ObjC frameworks didn't provide the
> necessary functionality under Tiger

I've got the same issue for the Spotlight API; the Objective-C API is
a dumbed-down version of the C API.  However, I can get at the C API
using ctypes.  The only real problem is generating type definitions
for ctypes from the Mac header files.  If we had a standard way of
doing that, I'd say between PyObjC and ctypes, you'd be covered.

Bill