ANN: pygenx 0.5.2

Michael Twomey mick@translucentcode.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 09:28:35 +0100

pygenx 0.5.2 is now available:

http://software.translucentcode.org/pygenx/pygenx-0.5.2.tar.gz

http://software.translucentcode.org/pygenx/

What is it?
-----------

pygenx is a wrapper for the genx[1] canonical[2] XML generation library.

If you need a simple, fast, way of generating correct XML without
worrying about escaping characters or character entities then pygenx is
ideal.

Example
-------

#!/usr/bin/env python

import genx

writer = genx.Writer()
fp = file("greeting.xml", "w")
writer.startDocFile(fp)
writer.startElementLiteral("greeting")
writer.addText("Hello world!")
writer.endElement()
writer.endDocument()

greeting.xml:

<greeting>Hello world!</greeting>

Why the high version number?

In case you are wondering why you never saw a 0.1 - 0.4 release that is
because I am tracking genx's beta releases (currently beta 5), and also
because this is the first version of pygenx to build and pass the test
suite on all platforms I've tested it on (previously an optimisation bug
in genx was causing it to fail after being built by distutils).

[1] genx - http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/02/20/GenxStatus
[2] canonical XML - http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n

mick