ANNOUNCE: nautilus-python 0.4.0

Johan Dahlin johan at gnome.org
Tue May 31 00:56:05 CEST 2005

I am pleased to announce the first public release of nautilus-python.

The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/nautilus-python/0.4/nautilus-python-0.4.0.tar.gz

I'd like to thank the following people, for helping me during the
development:
   Sidnei da Silva, Gustavo Carneiro, Thomas Vander Stichele,
   Sebastien Bacher and Ross Burton.

Sidnei da Silva is writing an integration tool for plone desktop:
   http://awkly.org/files/menu.png

Ross Burton is writing a dpkg interface.

Blurb:

Nautilus is the file manager used by the GNOME desktop environment.
Nautilus-python provides bindings for the extension API in nautilus.
With help of it you can write extensions that goes beyond the standard
shell script interface like context menuitems, additional list columns
and property pages.

nautilus-python requires nautilus >= 2.6.0, PyGTK >= 2.4.0, gnome-python
  2.0.0 and Python >= 2.3

Bug reports should be made in GNOMEs bugzilla:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=nautilus-python

--
Johan Dahlin
johan at gnome.org