EDDIE-Tool 0.35 Released
miles.chris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:25:43 CET 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
EDDIE-Tool 0.35 has just been released.
What is it ?
The EDDIE-Tool is an intelligent UNIX monitoring agent
written entirely in Python. It provides system, network
and security monitoring features, with an extensive
configuration facility for defining customized monitoring
and data collection rules.
What is new ?
This version has been a long time coming but check out all
the added features, including support for two new platforms.
* FreeBSD support;
* Microsoft Windows support;
* Solaris 10 support;
* Better support for Linux kernel 2.6;
* SMTP response time monitoring;
* FILE directive can show diffs when monitored files are modified;
* Disk/filesystem throughput measuring on Solaris;
* Many more enhancements and bugfixes - see http://eddie-tool.net/
Why is it interesting to Python users ?
Besides system and network administrators, Python users may
find EDDIE-Tool interesting as it is an example of a threaded,
multi-platform software package, providing easy access to
system statistics and using Python's power to offer a dynamic
and programmable rules engine.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Python-announce-list