ANN: MoinMoin 1.5.0 (advanced wiki engine) released
2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Tue Jan 10 20:51:53 CET 2006
/\/\ ___ (_)_ __ /\/\ ___ (_)_ __
/ \ / _ \| | '_ \ / \ / _ \| | '_ \ __
/ /\/\ \ (_) | | | | / /\/\ \ (_) | | | | | /| |_
\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_| |.__)
MoinMoin 1.5.0 advanced wiki engine released
MoinMoin is an easy to use, full-featured and extensible wiki software
package written in Python. It can fulfill a wide range of roles, such as
a personal notes organizer deployed on a laptop or home web server,
a company knowledge base deployed on an intranet, or an Internet server
open to individuals sharing the same interests, goals or projects.
A wiki is a collaborative hypertext environment with an emphasis
on easy manipulation of information.
MoinMoin 1.5.0 is the first release on the 1.5 branch bringing you
several new features such as the GUI editor, which allows the users
to edit pages in a WYSIWYG environment, and many bug fixes. The download
Major new features in 1.5
* The WYSIWYG editor for wiki pages allows you to edit pages without
the markup. Furthermore, the wiki page is not stored as HTML after
but kept as wiki markup in order to simplify the editing process for
that cannot or do not want to use the new editor.
* AutoAdmin security policy allows users to gain admin permissions on
* The new authentication system allows to add short methods that check the
credentials of the user. This allowed us to add eGroupware single sign
* Separation of homepages into a separate wiki (in a farm) and having a
user database is supported.
* A DeSpam action to allow mass-reverting of spam attacks.
* PackageInstaller support for simplified installation of plugins, themes
and page bundles.
Note that Python 2.3.0 or newer is required.
For a more detailed list of changes, see the CHANGES file in the
distribution or http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.5/CHANGES
MoinMoin has been around since year 2000. The codebase was initally
started by Jürgen Hermann; it is currently being developed by a growing
team. Being originally based on PikiPiki, it has evolved heavily since then
(PikiPiki and MoinMoin 0.1 consisted of just one file!). Many large
enterprises have been using MoinMoin as a key tool of their intranet, some
even use it for their public web page. A large number of Open Source
projects use MoinMoin for communication and documentation. Of course there
is also many private installations.
* Project site: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/
* Feature list: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinFeatures
* Download: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
* DesktopEdition: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition
* This software is available under the GNU General Public License v2.
* Changes: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinRelease1.5/CHANGES
* Known bugs:
sent by Alexander Schremmer for the MoinMoin team
More information about the Python-announce-list