itools 0.14.6 released
"J. David Ibáñez"
jdavid at itaapy.com
Tue Nov 28 10:53:51 CET 2006
itools is a Python library, it groups a number of packages into a single
meta-package for easier development and deployment:
itools.catalog itools.http itools.uri
itools.cms itools.i18n itools.vfs
itools.csv itools.ical itools.web
itools.datatypes itools.rss itools.workflow
itools.gettext itools.schemas itools.xhtml
itools.handlers itools.stl itools.xliff
itools.html itools.tmx itools.xml
The focus of this release is performance and bug hunting. First the speed:
- Indexing of office documents (PDF, OpenDocument, Word, etc.) has been
massively improved in both speed and memory usage.
- The "get_handler" and "traverse2" methods (from itools.handlers) now
accept the optional parameter "caching"; if set to False caching won't
be active for this call, see #569 for the details.
- The catalog has been optimized to be about 12% faster with the index
and unindex operations.
- The whole module "itools.i18n.oracle" (whose purpose is to guess the
language of a text) has been rewritten for better performance and
And now for the bugs:
- A serious bug has been fixed in "itools.cms": under some conditions the
catalog was not synchronized with the data. The issue was solved with an
update of the catalog, but still very annoying.
- Some bugs in itools.xhtml and itools.html have been fixed related to the
the semi-automatic translation of (X)HTML templates and documents. And
the unit tests have been updated. See #279 for the details.
- Many bugs have been fixed in the itools.cms web interface: #294, #438,
#512, #563, #576, #577, #578 and #579.
- Luis Belmar-Letelier helped fixing bugs;
- Hervé Cauwelier worked on the performance and fixed some bugs;
- Nicolas Deram helped fixing bugs;
- J. David Ibáñez helped with the performance and fixed many bugs.
J. David Ibáñez
Itaapy <http://www.itaapy.com> Tel +33 (0)1 42 23 67 45
9 rue Darwin, 75018 Paris Fax +33 (0)1 53 28 27 88
More information about the Python-announce-list