Bookmarks Database and Internet Robot 4.1

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Jan 15 15:14:47 CET 2008

Hello!

                    Bookmarks Database and Internet Robot

WHAT IS IT
   A set of classes, libraries, programs and plugins I use to manipulate my
bookmarks.html. I like Mozilla, but I need more features. I want to extend
Mozilla's "Check for updates" feature (Navigator4 called it "Update
bookmarks").

WHAT'S NEW in version 4.1.0 (2008-01-14)
   Parser for HTML based on BeautifulSoup.

   Changed User-agent header: I saw a number of sites that forbid
   "Mozilla compatible" browsers. Added a number of fake headers to pretend
   this is a real web-browser - there are still stupid sites
   that are trying to protect themselves from robots by analyzing headers.

   Handle redirects while looking for the icon.

   Handle float timeouts in HTML redirects.

   Minimal required version of Python is 2.5 now.

WHAT'S NEW in version 4.0.0 (2007-10-20)
   Extended support for Mozilla: charset and icon in bookmarks.
   Use the charset to add Accept-Charset header.
   Retrieve favicon.ico (or whatever <link> points to) and store it.

   The project celebrates 10th anniversary!

WHAT'S NEW in version 3.4.1 (2005-01-29)
   Updated to Python 2.4. Switched from CVS to Subversion.

WHERE TO GET
   Master site:    http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db
   A mirror:  http://phd.webhost.ru/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db

AUTHOR
   Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru>

COPYRIGHT
   Copyright (C) 1997-2008 PhiloSoft Design

LICENSE
   GPL

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru