Moovida Media Center 1.0.4 Release
guillaume at fluendo.com
Wed Jul 1 20:08:46 CEST 2009
Dear Python users,
The Moovida team is happy to announce the release of Moovida Media
Center 1.0.4, code-named "All That Matters".
Moovida, formerly known as Elisa, is a cross-platform and open-source
Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
This release is a lightweight release, meaning it is pushed through our
automatic plugin update system. Additionally a windows installer is
available for download on our website.
As usual, for users already running Moovida, the upgrade to 1.0.4 should
be done automatically via the plugin repository.
The most visible feature of this new release is support for Windows 7.
A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:
This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a media-centered evening,
Guillaume, for the Moovida team
-------------- next part --------------
Moovida 1.0.4 "All That Matters"
This is Moovida 1.0.4, fourth release of the 1.0 branch.
New features since 1.0.3:
- Moovida now runs on windows 7
- On windows, the bug/crash reporter attaches DXDiag information
- On windows, the crash reporter uses a web service, getting rid of the need
for the user to send a mail
Bugs fixed since 1.0.3:
- 372674: [win32] On windows 7 Moovida thinks that another instance is running and quits
- 387237: media scanner not fault tolerant to themoviedb/thetvdb downtimes
- 270451: Test case relying on -good in elisa core
- 391192: Phantom entry and disappeared entry in main menu
- 349126: Use translation fallbacks
- 384887: Moovida should check whether a thumbnail is available in the main process
- 385084: The pigment plugin depends on the poblesec plugin
- 389504: Main menu startup is animated to select the item in the middle
You can find source releases of Moovida on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://www.moovida.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Anna Wojdel
- David McLeod
- Fernando Casanova Coch
- Florian Boucault
- Guillaume Emont
- Jutta Mailander
- Lionel Martin
- Lo?c Molinari
- Maxwell Young
- Micha? Sawicz
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
- Xose P?rez
More information about the Python-announce-list