Pyro 4.7 released.
Irmen de Jong
irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 20 00:01:36 CEST 2011
Pyro 4.7 has just been released!
Get it from Pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pyro4/
* AutoProxy feature! Pyro objects are replaced by proxies automatically.
* Asynchronous method calls: do a call and get the results somewhere in the future.
* One-line-server-setup using Pyro4.Daemon.serveSimple
* nameserver.register() behavior change: overwrites existing names.
* added Pyro4.util.excepthook that you can use for sys.excepthook
* part of the new manual has been written, including a tutorial.
Pyro = Python Remote Objects. It is a library that enables you to build applications in
which objects can talk to each other over the network, with minimal programming effort.
You can just use normal Python method calls, with almost every possible parameter and
return value type, and Pyro takes care of locating the right object on the right
computer to execute the method. It is designed to be very easy to use, and to generally
stay out of your way. But it also provides a set of powerful features that enables you
to build distributed applications rapidly and effortlessly. Pyro is written in 100% pure
Python and therefore runs on many platforms and Python versions, including Python 2.x,
Python 3.x, IronPython, Jython and Pypy.
Irmen de Jong
More information about the Python-announce-list