[python-committers] branches and merging
brett at python.org
Tue Mar 2 03:06:33 CET 2010
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 14:24, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Mar 01, 2010, at 02:06 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> >Well, if we are already screwed if we do a blind merge we might as well
> >wasting our time on doing blocks since that is the only real use case for
> Maybe we should consider switching to hg now rather than waiting? (Well,
> "now" I mean after I release 2.6.5 :). We're still a month away from 2.7
> 1 and 6+ months away from 3.2 beta 1. If svn is hopeless (and my vote is
> it is) let's do the switch now with plenty of time to shake out the pain.
> Nothing like angry developers to motivate that, and at least now that
> over, physical intimidation is more difficult. :)
> Seriously though, do we really have to wait until 2.7 is released?
The hold-up will ultimately be the EOL extension and the updated docs now
that Dirkjan has a patch for sys.mercurial. The 2.7 date was to give a
target date push those last two items to be done.
> python-committers mailing list
> python-committers at python.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-committers