[python-committers] Github reviews are cannibalizing BPO

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 2 15:16:44 EDT 2017

On 5/2/2017 2:36 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:
> On 2017-05-02 20:28, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 5/2/2017 10:07 AM, R. David Murray wrote:

>>> I agree with Mark-Andre here.  It will take effort on our part to
>>> make our culture be "discuss on BPO", but it will produce a much
>>> superior history to what github PRs produce, so I think it is worth it.
>>
>> It would easier to move discussion to bpo if there were a clickable link
>> from PR to bpo, just as there is in the opposite direction.  I believe
>> that there is a workflow issue to add this, but last I knew, it was
>> bogged down in where to put the link, or something.
>
> All recent PRs have a clickable link to BPO. It's in the box with CI
> results.

Not until one clicks 'Show all checks'.  This is rather obscure.  Who
would know?  Thanks for the info.

> Click on "Details" for "bedevere/issue-number".

Neither was it obvious to me that 'details' takes me to the issue,
rather than revealing a clickable issue-number, so that I need to middle
click to open a new tab.

So this is still considerable friction.

tjr