[Python-Dev] Towards native fileevents in Python (Was Re: Python multiplexing is too hard)

Neil Hodgson nhodgson@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 23 May 2000 18:04:03 +1000

> >    Anonymous pipes are peekable on both 95 and NT with PeekNamedPipe.
>
> Hmmm... You're right, it's documented as such. But I seem to recall we
> encountered a problem when actually using it. I'll check with Gordon
> Chaffee (Cc of this msg).

   I can vouch that this does work on 95, NT and W2K as I have been using it
in my SciTE editor for the past year as the means for gathering output from
running tool programs. There was a fiddle required to ensure all output was
retrieved on 95 but it works well with that implemented.

   Neil