[Python-Dev] Canvas.Canvas.bbox() return value

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:08:05 +0200

> Hi Fredrik,
>
> Re this bug report:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=110677&group_id=5470
>
> I can take care of the Canvas issues, but I need your advice on
> bbox().  He's right that the bbox() method the Canvas class in the
> Canvas module is different from all other bbox() methods: it returns a
> tuple of tuples ((x1,y1),(x2,y2)) instead of a flat 4-tuple
> (x,y1,x2,y2).
>
> Do you think it's worth not breaking existing code here???

no idea -- I don't think I've ever used that module (!).

(I'd deprecate the entire module if I were in charge -- there
are better ways to put objects on the canvas)

but in case someone's using it, it's probably best to leave things
as they are...

</F>