[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:49:21 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Maybe we can do the same for Unix binary distributions?

I don't know what you mean by "UNIX" binary distributions: each UNIX
has its own sets of horrors in the distribution arena. Personally, I
don't care what we do about RPMs, since I'm not a Red Hat user. However,
this should probably be more Red Hat's job then ours. Debian, on the
other hand, would probably do this much better then Python-Dev can,
without gratutitous Tcl/Tk installations. For other unices, most people
install from sources anyway, which mostly means I should get off my butt
and start working on the Sumo interpreter.

> Really?  Are you sure that's not just general resistence against new
> things?  To me, and I suspect may others, the app I use most often on
> Windows is Netscape -- talk about lack of native look-and-feel!  It's
> never bothered me all that much.

I don't know how to break this to you, but you're not the average computer
user <wink>.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.