[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:40:56 -0400

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Can someone articulate why Tk should be replaced?

I don't know whether Tk should replaced, but I
can explain why I don't use it for our commercial
Python application.

It is just too big and complicated.  Windows comes
with a built-in GUI, and I hesitate to install
another scripting language (Tcl) and its libraries,
and then install a big system which has frequently been
out of phase with Python releases just to access the
Windows GUI.

What if a user calls with a problem?  Why should I
have to debug their Tcl library path problems?  No
thanks.

JimA