[Python-Dev] Intel's Open Runtime Platform (ORP)

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:43:53 -0700

I just saw this while updating my Debian machine:

    Package: orp
     ORP stands for Open Runtime Platform, which is an Intel(TM) Open
     Source research platform for investigating dynamic compilation and
     memory management technologies. The basic ORP system incorporates a
     fast code generating JIT (Just-In-Time) as well as an optimizing
     JIT. It also includes several GC (Garbage Collection) algorithms,
     ranging from a simple mark-sweep algorithm to an advanced train
     algorithm.

Its available at http://intel.com/research/mrl/orp/ and is released
under a BSD-like license.

  Neil