[Python-Dev] any opinion on 'make quicktest'?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:51:33 -0500 (EST)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > I run the regression test a lot.  I have found that it is often useful
 > to exclude some of the slowest tests for most of the test runs and

  I think this would be nice.

 > + QUICKTESTOPTS=	$(TESTOPTS) -x test_thread test_signal test_strftime \
 > + 		test_unicodedata test_re test_sre test_select test_poll
 > + quicktest:	all platform
 > + 		-rm -f $(srcdir)/Lib/test/*.py[co]
 > + 		-PYTHONPATH= $(TESTPYTHON) $(TESTPROG) $(QUICKTESTOPTS)
 > + 		PYTHONPATH= $(TESTPYTHON) $(TESTPROG) $(QUICKTESTOPTS)

  In fact, for this, I'd only run the test once and would skip the
"rm" command as well.  I usually just run the regression test once
(but with all modules, to avoid the extra typing).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations