[Python-Dev] any opinion on 'make quicktest'?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:30:48 +0100

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:21:30AM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> I run the regression test a lot.  I have found that it is often useful
> to exclude some of the slowest tests for most of the test runs and
> then do a full test run before I commit changes.  Would anyone be
> opposed to a quicktest target in the Makefile that supports this
> practice?  There are a small number of tests that each take at least
> 10 seconds to complete.

Definately +1 here. On BSDI 4.0, which I try to test regularly,
test_signal hangs (because of threading bugs in BSDI, nothing Python can
solve) and test_select/test_poll either crash right away, or hang as well
(same as with test_signal, but could be specific to the box I'm running it
on.) So I've been forced to do it by hand. I'm not sure why I didn't
automate it yet, but make quicktest would be very welcome :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>