[Python-Dev] Adding pymalloc to the core (Benchmarking "fun" (was Re: Python 2.1 slower than 2.0))

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:58:05 +0100

Moshe Zadka wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:14:33 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else for adding it now on an opt-in basis ?
>
> Add it on opt-out basis, and if it causes trouble, revert to opt-in
> in beta/final. Alphas are supposed to be buggy <0.7 wink>

Ok, that makes +5 on including it, no negative response so far.

We'll only have to sort out whether to make it opt-in (the
current state of the patch) or opt-out. The latter would
certainly enable better testing of the code, but I understand
that Jeremy doesn't want to destabilize the release just now.

Perhaps we'll need a third alpha release ?! (the weak reference
implementation and the other goodies need much more testing IMHO
than just one alpha cycle)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg