[Python-Dev] creating __all__ in extension modules

Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:03:20 -0600 (CST)

    Fred> I don't think adding __all__ to C modules makes sense.  If you
    Fred> want the equivalent for a module that doesn't have an __all__, you
    Fred> can compute it easily enough.  Adding it when it isn't useful is a
    Fred> maintenance problem that can be avoided easily enough.

I thought I answered this question already when Fredrik asked it.  In os.py,
to build its __all__ list based upon the myriad different sets of symbols it
might have after it's fancy footwork importing from various os-dependent
modules, I think it's easiest to rely on those modules telling os what it
should export.

Skip