[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:48:41 -0500 (EST)

  MH> [Thomas]
  >> I don't have the xpcom package, so I can't check myself,

  MH> As of the last 24 hours, it sits in the Mozilla CVS tree -
  MH> extensions/python/xpcom :)

Don't know where to find that :-)

  >> but have you considered 'exec' as well as 'from foo import *' ?

  MH> exec appears exactly once, in a function in the "client"
  MH> sub-package.

Does the function that contains the exec also contain another function
or lambda?  If it does and the contained function has references to
non-local variables, the compiler will complain.

The exception should include the line number of the first line of the
function body that contains the import * or exec.

Jeremy