[Python-Dev] New and Improved Import Hooks

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:36:32 +0100

Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:

> Actually, I do see it getting into the core, nearly as-is.

Ok, let's then say I'm opposed to the patch as it stand, as it messes up
import.c too much. The zip import stuff is _only_ in import.c because it'=
currently not possible to do it differently. This *must* be factored out,=
 and
now is the time. Don't you at least agree it's a hairy patch?

> In what time frame would you expect to implement the zipfile import
> patch using your framework?

Don't know, I can't do it by myself. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

Just