[Python-Dev] Extending xmlrpclib to handle HTTP proxies

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:25:01 +0100

Bill Bumgarner wrote:

> I'm writing a Transport class to handle proxy servers such that the
> xmlrpclib module will be able to communicate with a server that is on
> the other side of a proxy somewhere.

Doesn't urllib already support this out of the box ? You can use
its machinery for finding out the proxy settings and then add them
to Transport as needed.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH