[Python-Dev] "max recursion limit exceeded" canned response?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sun, 02 Jun 2002 18:03:55 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> How would we go about adding a canned response to the commonly submitted
> "max recursion limit exceeded" bug report?

[Martin v. Loewis]
> Post the precise text that you want to see as the canned response, and
> somebody can install it.

I don't think any canned answer will suffice -- every context is different
enough that it needs custom help.  I vote instead that we stop answering
these reports at all:  let /F do it.  That will eventually provoke him into
either writing the canned response he wants to see, or to complete the
long-delayed task of removing this ceiling from sre.