[Python-Dev] intra-package mutual imports fail: "from <pkg> import <mod>"

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 01:01:36 -0400

> The note in section 6.12 ("The import statement") of the Language
> Reference, "XXX Can't be bothered to spell this out right now", has
> always bothered me.  I will endeavour to flesh it out for release
> 2.3.  Perhaps Guido's package support essay
> (http://www.python.org/doc/essays/packages.html), edited, should
> form a new section or appendix.  Ideas anyone?

The information should be worked into the language reference IMO.  I'm
not sure if an appendix is appropriate or if this could be part of
the documentation for the import statement.

Thanks for helping out!!!