[Python-Dev] Quota on sf.net

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 05:46:06 -0400

  AMK> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 05:24:10AM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> I'm not sure the snapshots are worth the bother at all.  Are
  >> there downloads statistics for the SF web pages?  I'll bet no one
  >> has ever looked at them.

  AMK> Wasn't the original goal of the snapshots to create an audit
  AMK> trail, guarding against someone Trojaning the CVS repository?
  AMK> And didn't Sean Reifscheider burn a CD containing a whole bunch
  AMK> of snapshots?

There are two different sets of snapshots.  One is the copies of the
CVS repository that Barry makes every night.  The snapshots I'm
talking about are cvs checkouts done every night.  We did this because
someone requested them, and it wasn't too much trouble.  But now I'm
wondering whether continued maintenance is worth the trouble.

Jeremy