[Python-Dev] unicode() and its error argument

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:58:42 +0400

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 09:51:25AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> The unicode() builtin accepts an optional third argument, errors, which
> defaults to "strict".  According to the docs if errors is set to "ignore",
> decoding errors are silently ignored.  I seem to still get the occasional
> UnicodeError exception, however.

   I got the error very often (but I use encoding conversion much more
often than you). First time I saw it I was very surprized that neither
"ignore" nor "replace" can eliminate the error.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru