[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:48:28 -0500

    Martin> Certainly true. However, the makefiles that Skip wanted to
    Martin> generate would not have offered anything beyond "foo.o depends
    Martin> on foo.c". He then recognized that dependencies are essential,
    Martin> here, and suggested makedepend...

Please don't put words into my mouth (or thoughts into my brain)?  I have
used make+makedepend for a long time and tend to think of them as
inseparable.  I was certainly thinking in terms of .o:.h dependencies.  That
is, after all, what my example demonstrated was missing.

Skip