[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib types.py,1.26,1.27

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 14:47:53 -0500

    Guido> You mean the use of dispatch[BooleanType]?  You can use
    Guido> dispatch[bool] just as well -- 'bool' is the same object as
    Guido> 'BooleanType'.  So I'm still confused why you'd have to do
    Guido> anything.

It's just for consistency.  While bool == types.BooleanType, all the other
dispatch[] keys are symbols taken from the types module.

I actually don't really care.  The only reason I even noticed its absence
was that I went to patch xmlrpclib to use Python booleans instead of /F's
Boolean class (when available).  I think consistency counts for something
here.  I know xmlrpclib is one of that small number of modules that is
actively maintained for older versions of Python.  It makes sense to me to
make as few changes to xmlrpclib to make that happen.  If adding BooleanType
to the types module helps, I think it's a good thing.

Skip