[Python-Dev] bsddb3 imported

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
19 Nov 2002 09:22:52 +0100

I have now imported bsddb3 3.4.0. Remember to cvs up -d to get Lib/bsddb.
The original bsddb module is not built anymore automatically, if it was,
it would compile into a module bsddb185.

I haven't updated the Windows build process: I recommend that
bsddbmodule.c is not built anymore. Instead, _bsddb.c must be compiled
into _bsddb.pyd. Since this code does not work with Sleepycat 4.1, I
recommend that Sleepycat 4.0 is used, available from

http://www.sleepycat.com/update/snapshot/db-4.0.14.zip

Barry wants the test suite to be incorporated also, this will happen
after we decide on the specifics. I don't have plans to incorporate
any of the documentation at the moment.

Regards,
Martin