[Python-Dev] --disable-unicode, again

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
21 Nov 2002 17:01:58 +0000

Once again the --disable-unicode build is completely shafted.

Include/pyerrors.h, Python/exceptions.c are easy enough to fix.

Python/codecs.c looks worse.

Modules/posixmodule.c doesn't build either, haven't looked into this
at all.

Seems the PEP 293 work is the main culprit.

I think I've asked this before, but does anyone use this build?
Should I spend some time patching things up -- again -- or ripping
--disable-unicode support out.  *I* don't care about it.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Important data should not be entrusted to Pinstripe, as it may
  eat it and make loud belching noises.