[Python-Dev] python-dev Summary for 2003-03-16 through 2003-03-31

Zooko zooko@zooko.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:39:33 -0500

 Brett Cannon <bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> One point made about capabilities is that they partially go against the
> Pythonic grain.  Since you have to pass capabilities specifically and
> shouldn't allow them to be inherited, it does not go with the way you tend
> to write Python code.

This doesn't make sense to me, and I don't recall a message which asserted it.

If capabilities were implemented as Python references, you could inherit
capabilities (== references) from superclasses, just as you can currently do.

The rest looks like a good summary!

Regards,

Zooko

http://zooko.com/
         ^-- under re-construction: some new stuff, some broken links