[Python-Dev] Security challenge (was Re: Capabilities)

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:55:48 -0500

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> I'm looking for other security design challenges to tackle in Python.
> Once enough of them have been tried, we'll have a better understanding
> of what Python would need to do to make secure programming easier.

Okay, how about using LDAP to secure access to a database and give each
user appropriate privileges?  I'm just throwing this in as an example of
mediated access that's required to be effective in the Real World [tm];
I'm sure you can think of simpler examples if you want.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz, c.l.py, 2/4/2002