[Python-Dev] migration away from SourceForge?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:55:50 -0500

Is it time to think seriously about moving away from SourceForge?  Their cvs
performance seems to be getting worse by the day.  Bug updates also seem to
fail periodically in a fashion that suggests system overload.  I presume the
parent company (is that still VA Linux?) is in dire enough financial straits
that it can't afford to upgrade its infrastructure enough to meet the
increased demand.

It seems we mostly need a CVS repository and a bug tracker.  Is RoundUp
close enough to fill the bug tracking bill?  What options are available for
CVS hosting?

OTOH, maybe we should try to convince Google to buy SF. ;-)

Skip