[Python-Dev] New developer

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at verizon.net
Sun Dec 7 19:59:26 EST 2003

Please welcome Hye-Shik Chang as a new python developer.

He hails from Seoul, Korea and has interests in implementing generator
expressions and in i18n projects such as CJK codecs.  Most recently, he
has worked on the code and tests implementing itertools.groupby().

Raymond Hettinger

His Bio (slightly edited):
"""
I work for a linux company for a military service replacement. (Korean
military service duty is 2 years but we can work for defense industry or
IT company for 3 years instead.) My company sells AAA and DHCP solutions
for Korean major ISPs. They are all based on python. And even the ISPs'
operators use python interactive interpreter as a command line
interface.

I'm a commit-privileged developer on FreeBSD project since 2002. I
maintain package infrastructure for python stuffs named "bsd.python.mk",
the python package itself and FreeBSD packages for 80+ python 3rd party
modules. (But it's easy thank to distutils.)

After starting to use python on my company, I'm distributing python
extension modules I developed as opensource licensed as possible:
CJKCodecs, py-rrdtool, py-freebsd, py-fibheap, coolwater and iconvcodec.

"""