[Python-Dev] Vote-Pop

David LeBlanc whisper@oz.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:01:48 -0800

Having read over all the vox populi thread, it seems to me:

* It's another way to do something that can already be done.

* It tends to obfusticate.

* It's not really all that much a savings in typing.

* It complicates the parser and thus makes room for more bugs.

* Some of the examples given confuse me as to whether or not a ternary op is
being introduced or a postfix condition, i.e: if a unless b:... (if a if not
b:...).

* No compelling use case that demonstrates correcting a limitation of the
language.

* No compelling use case that demonstrates an important new feature for the
language.

ternary op: -1

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA