[Python-Dev] Codecs data

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:18:08 -0200

I belive we have a problem in our current codecs implementation: it
doesn't work for multiple interpreter states, because the data is
currently statically allocated in codecs.c. That way, only the first
interpreter is going to have the codecs lookup working. The following
interpreters will try to cross the interpreter state boundary and use
the lookup function from the first interpreter, issuing all kinds of
weird errors.

One solution would be to store that data in the "sys" module
(e.g. codec_search_path, codec_search_cache, codec_inited).

Can you please advice on how to fix that? I'll be willing to provide
a fix with the proposed solution.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]