[Python-Dev] Whither rexec?

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:06:37 -0500

Given the rexec module's current state of undetermined bugginess, I'd
like to mention something about it in the "What's New" document, but
there was no clear resolution about what's going to be done.  Some
proposals were 1) deprecate it 2) rip it out and move it to nondist/
or somewhere, 3) leave it alone and just document it as
not-to-be-trusted.  So, can the BDFL or someone please tell me what I
should say about rexec?

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
That jackanapes! All he ever does is cause trouble.
      -- The Doctor talking about the Master, in "Terror of the Autons"