[Python-Dev] Extension modules, Threading, and the GIL

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:51:17 +1100

> Mark Hammond wrote:
> > Yes, good catch.  A PyInterpreterState must be known, and
> > as you stated previously, it is trivial to get one of these
> > and stash it away globally.
> > The PyThreadState is the problem child.
>
> Then of course you know more than Tim would grant you: you do have an
> interpreter state, and hence you can infer that Python has been
> initialized. So I infer that your requirements are different
> from Tim's.

Sheesh - lucky this is mildly entertaining <wink>.  You are free to infer
what you like, but I believe it is clear and would prefer to see a single
other person with a problem rather than continue pointless semantic games.

Tiredly,

Mark.