[Python-Dev] test_logging failing on Windows 2000

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:05:29 +1100

For some reason, test_logging.py is failing on my machine - but only when
run via "regrtest.py" - running stand-alone works fine.

The output I see is:

test_logging
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\src\python-cvs\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 645, in emit
    self.stream.write("%s\n" % msg)
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\src\python-cvs\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 645, in emit
    self.stream.write("%s\n" % msg)
Vtest test_logging produced unexpected output:

[Sometimes the "ValueError" will be repeated quite a few times.  Often these
exceptions are intermingled with the next test output - ie, the logging test
continues to run even once the following test has started.]

I am guessing that some threads are spawned, but for some reason we aren't
waiting for them to complete before closing the output file.

I will have a look at this once I actually finish what I was trying to
start - but if someone has a clue, let me know!

Thanks,

Mark.