[Python-Dev] non-blocking sockets and sendall

Brian Ellin brian@janrain.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:49:54 -0800

Hello.

I'm having issues with using socket.sendall() and non-blocking sockets
in python 2.3a1.  When sending large data chunks I receive a
socket.error #11 'Resource temporarily unavailable' in the middle of
the method.  I believe this is due to a missing select call in the send
loop.

My question is whether or not sendall() is supported by socket objects
in non-blocking mode?  If not, then perhaps this should be noted in the
documentation... if so, then i'll submit a bug report on the python
sourceforge site.

Thanks,
Brian Ellin
brian@janrain.com