[Python-Dev] Detect a memory leak

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:41:53 -0400

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003, Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:

> I have a problem with memory leaks and I don't know how to solve it.
> My app runs like a daemon, and do a intensive xmlrpc use. The problem is
> than is memory grows and grows and I can't see where the problem is.
> Al the objects in work space maintains the ref counting in the same
> values all the time.
> Can anybody tell me a way to debug this situation?
>
> The python version is the SuSE 8.0 version (2.2) compiled with GCC
> 2.95.3.

It's quite likely the problem is fragmenting memory.  Try testing with
Python 2.3b2, which uses PyMalloc instead.

For further discussion of this issue, please go to comp.lang.python;
this is off-topic for this list.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy and a
dictatorship.