[Python-Dev] Invalid memory read in PyObject_Free

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:58:41 -0400

[Guido]
>>> I think there is talk though to make it impossible to turn off
>>> pymalloc in the future (you can still turn it off in Python 2.3).

[Tim]
>> I haven't heard such talk before.  There was talk of making it
>> impossible to compile without cyclic gc, and-- indeed --that was
>> done for 2.3.

[Guido]
> Oops, I think I may have been confused by that one.

Me too -- it was a surprisingly common confusion when we were all talking
about making cyclic gc compilation mandatory, I guess because they all "have
something to do with recycling memory".  Or something <wink>.