[Python-Dev] alternate pserver access for python CVS?

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
06 Jul 2003 16:34:38 +0200

"Zooko" <zooko@zooko.com> writes:

> tarball, and the patch isn't accepted by the upstream maintainers
> before it starts to conflict with their current version, then I'm
> more likely to drop it instead of manually updating it to apply to
> the latest tarball.

It's not that the readonly CVS is completely inoperable - my updates
on pserver usually get through just fine, if they start at all, and I
never need to repeat the cvs up command more than 100 times before it
starts.

So if you want to maintain pending patches, using the pserver CVS is
definitely the right thing to do. I'd expect that you would do a cvs
up once a week or so, which should be managable even with the current
problems. I have a number of patches sitting in such a sandbox myself,
and I have no plans of abandoning that sandbox.

Regards,
Martin